10 acres of luxurious cottages and rooms, surrounded by nearly 1800 acres of private forest in the foothills of the mighty Shivaliks.
The very definition of Paradise.
Welcome to Kikar Lodge!
Located in the Ropar District of Punjab, Kikar Lodge is India’s first private forest reserve. Boasting of 22 cottages and 8 rooms, this property guarantees visitors an opportunity to re-connect with Mother Nature, while being surrounded with comfort and luxury.
“For those looking to escape the polluted environment of cities and spend a few days away from the constant buzz of mobile phones, Kikar Lodge serves as a perfect weekend retreat. Due to its location within a private forest reserve, the resort houses more than 100 species of birds and is also home to animals like leopards, barking deer, sambar and wild boar. Thus, the resort offers a memorable stay coupled with the thrill and excitement of staying close to animals and birds in their natural habitat,’’ states CEO Amarinder Singh Chopra, The Kikar Lodge Nature Retreat & Spa.
The resort also has four swimming pools, where guests can unwind and beat the heat of the afternoon sun. The Restaurant and Bar offer a wide range of impeccable cuisines that are sure to set your taste buds tingling.
To ensure that the stay of each and every guest has a memorable and hassle-free, the cottages and rooms are equipped with facilities like LCD TVs, writing desk, built in cupboards, mini-refrigerators, 24 hour power back-up, tea & coffee makers, and attached bathroom with all modern amenities.
Visitors can choose from Family Suites, Pool View Cottages, Forest View Cottages and Garden View Rooms.
While serving as an ideal weekend getaway for families, couples and friends, Kikar Lodge is also thronged by companies who wish to conduct meetings in a more informal, nature friendly environment. The Conference Hall at the Kikar Lodge has a capacity of nearly 60 people, and is also equipped with projector facilities to ensure smooth conduct of meetings.
Things to do at Kikar Lodge:
- Visitors can chill while reading a book or listening to soft music at The Den, an area which can also be booked by a small group for a private dinner.
- The Watering Hole is famous for the magnificent sunsets that visitors can enjoy while sipping on some refreshing drinks and snacks. This quaint bar has a retro Australian feel to it, which has garnered rave reviews from past guests.
- Guests can unwind and relax at The Forest Spa, where a wide variety of massages, steam bath and sauna are on offer.
- The Amphitheatre is a popular place where bonfires are lit in the evenings during winters. During summers, candlelight dinners at the Amphitheatre are quite popular.
- In terms of outdoor activities, there is a lot to choose from. Guests can opt for sports like rappelling, trekking, wildlife walks, archery and cycling. Jungle Safaris are quite popular among visitors, and if lucky, one can even spot the elusive leopard that sometimes pays a visit to the forests around the resort.
- Quad biking is another popular activity that guests indulge in while enjoying their stay at the Kikar Lodge. The resort also has a zipline which is a major attraction, and visitors can also play paintball and go horse riding during their stay here.
- Visitors can also play cricket, football, badminton, basketball, volleyball and water polo. For those who are interested in getting the feel of rural Punjab, buffalo cart rides and tractor rides are also carried out.
- The resort also has a separate room for indoor games, like carom board, chess, table tennis and other board games. A dedicated billiards room is also present at the resort.
How to Reach:
The resort is located in Village Kangar, Tehsil Noorpur Bedi, District Ropar, Punjab.
The nearest railway station to the resort is at Anandpur Sahib, which is 20 kilometres away. The nearest Major railway station is Chandigarh, which is 70 kilometres away. The nearest airport is also Chandigarh.
Pick up and drop facilities from/to the railway station/airport are provided on request.
For more details, contact:
Amarinder Singh Chopra, CEO, The Kikar Lodge Nature Retreat & Spa.